It should be illegal how delicious and easy these cookies are. No, really…they can be yours in 20 minutes.

Pin it

Peanut Butter Cookies

They are crispy, golden, sweet and absolutely delicious. The coconut sugar gives them that extra flavor and crunch.

Peanut Butter Cookies

I used to be obsessed with the peanut butter cookies at Subway. Believe it or not, Subway happens to have some really good cookies. Well, these have replaced those….and you only need 4 ingredients!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Literally, 10 minute prep, 10 minutes to bake. Chances are, you may just be tempted to pop one of these suckers straight into your mouth before baking them. However, if you can contain yourself, roll them in glorious coconut sugar and bake them to ultra-yumminess! Is that even a word?

Peanut Butter Cookies

See this guy right here….he was calling my name, to eat him. Confession, I did…after I took the photo.

Peanut Butter Cookies

Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipe: Makes 10-12  Prep time: 10 minutes  Bake time: 10 minutes (Double for a large batch)

Gluten-free (Make sure all of your ingredients are labeled to be in a gluten-free facility if you’re gluten sensitive, in case of cross contamination)

Print recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup blanched almond flour

1/2 cup creamy all natural organic peanut butter, with no added sugars or oils (I use Santa Cruz, it contains a trace amount of salt, if yours doesn’t, then add a pinch of salt if you like)

1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Organic coconut palm sugar to roll the cookies in (you could also try xylitol, stevia or truvia but it won’t have that crunchy golden exterior and I’m not sure of the taste)

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. Combine the first 3 ingredients well with a spoon. Pour some coconut sugar on a flat plate. Using your palms, form the dough into the size of 10-12 small golf balls. Roll in the sugar completely. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan. Press down gently with the back of a fork in both directions. Don’t completely flatten, they should be about a 1/2 inch thick, as in the picture. Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the tops have slightly cracked. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to cool completely on a cooling rack.

Peanut Butter Cookies

Whip these up, put them in a decorative basket or box, put a bow on them and give them as a gift!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Look at that gorgeous, crunchy, golden goodness…..

Peanut Butter Cookies

Make sure to check out my other delicious cookie recipes here!

Featured gluten-free cookies: Dark Chocolate Molasses Cookies

Dark Chocolate Molasses Cookies

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Gift Ideas, Gluten Free, Party Platters, Sweet Treats, VEGAN, VEGETARIAN

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

40 Comments on “Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies You’ll Ever Make! (Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free, Oil-Free)”

1. January 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM #

Thanks for providing alternatives to coconut sugar as I can’t eat coconut. Will have to try these!

• January 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM #

You could also probably try organic LIGHT brown sugar as well, dark would be too wet. It’s not quite as thick as coconut sugar, but it would still work! :)

2. January 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM #

I’ve never used coconut sugar, but it sounds delicious!

• January 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM #

Oh, it’s fabulous Brittany!! A more floral, vanilla-ish flavor than regular sugar and of course healthier!

3. January 21, 2013 at 6:10 PM #

These look & sound amazing – plus, they’re Paleo-friendly! I can’t wait to make these asap!

• January 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM #

Thank you Leah!! Oh good, I’m so glad they fit in with your eating plan..yay! :)

4. January 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM #

Brandi, these look delicious! I love anything with peanut butter!

5. January 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM #

I love how simple these are and I love peanut butter. Another must make recipe!!

• January 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM #

Thank you Suzanne! These are so simple, it’s crazy. Crazy sweet, crunchy good too. :)

6. January 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM #

These are crazy effect my friend :)

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

7. January 21, 2013 at 8:30 PM #

*perfect :P not effect!

8. January 21, 2013 at 9:04 PM #

The suggestion to make double is a great one. Honestly, these look really beautiful. I’m going to try them with sunflower butter so they can be nut-free for the boy’s lunches. Will report back. Oh, and yumminess is definitely a word!

• January 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM #

Thank you so much! That’s a great idea, yes, please let me know how they turn out. I’ve never used sunbutter before…is it as creamy/oily as peanut butter…if it is, then the ratios should be the same…if it’s drier, maybe use just a hair more of it, so they aren’t too dry and maybe bake a minute less or so. :)

• January 22, 2013 at 2:46 AM #

The sunbutter we buy is quite oily, so it should be a straight swap. Can’t wait to try them.

9. January 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM #

I can’t imagine a cookie being easier to make, Brandi. I’ve never used coconut sugar but I like the idea of it. Now I just need to find it. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

• January 22, 2013 at 4:06 AM #

Thank you John! It is sooooo good and tastes nothing like coconut, so it’s not a coconut flavor issue at all! It is at whole foods, health stores and even Walmart carries it now!

10. January 22, 2013 at 2:30 AM #

Brandi, I have eaten Subway cookies and they are good! This is probably the best looking peanut butter cookie I have ever seen. It looks and sounds so scrumptious. I wish I had one right now. I love the ingredients; especially the coconut sugar! You make the best stuff :)

• January 22, 2013 at 4:07 AM #

Thank you so much for saying that Judy! I really appreciate that…they are super delicious with the golden coconut sugar! Thank you :)

11. January 22, 2013 at 4:30 AM #

Yumm! I looove peanut butter cookies! These look fantastic!

• January 23, 2013 at 5:35 AM #

Thank you Raechel! Me too…these are so delicious and too easy not to make them!

12. January 22, 2013 at 6:45 AM #

I need to try them made with maple sugar for the coating :)

• January 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM #

Oh yes that should work great too!! I ran out of that a couple weeks back, need some more!

13. January 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM #

very interesting !!!

• January 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM #

Good interesting?! Lol :)

• January 23, 2013 at 8:23 AM #

yes, good haha!! I’m amazed with so many healthy things you do!!! incredible!

14. January 22, 2013 at 8:26 PM #

Wow amazing, so easy and so delicious! I am making these :-)
    Thank you!

• January 23, 2013 at 5:36 AM #

Thank you so much Anne!! Please do…I’d love to know if you like them! :)

15. January 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM #

Wow, Brandi, YUM!

• January 23, 2013 at 5:37 AM #

Thanks Heather!! I won’t admit how many I’ve eaten in the past few days, lol!! :)

16. January 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM #

I love how easy these must be to bake yet they look so perfect and tasty!

• January 23, 2013 at 5:38 AM #

Thank you!! I can’t stop making them myself…which could be bad, haha!

17. January 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM #

Brandi, I CAN’T believe these gorgeous, perfect cookies were made from only 4 ingredients. I love when you do baked goods – I’m a sugarholic and at least when I make your recipes, I know that they’re not wreaking havoc on my arteries and waistline (unlike everything that I make!). I can’t wait to try these.

• January 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM #

Aww thank you Nancy!! I appreciate your sweet compliments! It really is shocking but I was craving something sweet over the weekend and didn’t feel like whipping up one long baking ordeal, so I literally just grabbed the almond flour, peanut butter and syrup and threw them together…then decided the coconut sugar would add another beautiful, as well as, crunchy exterior. I was thrilled when it worked out SO perfectly and delicious! Truly, sometimes the easiest recipes can be the best ones!
      Please let me know if you make them…I’d love your opinion either way! :)

• January 24, 2013 at 4:12 AM #

What an awesome way for an experiment to turn out. I love when that happens! This is perfect for when the mood strikes. I’ll definitely let you know when I try it.

18. January 23, 2013 at 3:19 PM #

I LOVE peanut butter cookies! They are one of my faves, next to good ole chocolate chip! These look so great and healthy, love it Brandi! :)

• January 23, 2013 at 11:26 PM #

Thank you so much Alice! Mine too!! These are so delicious and easy!

19. January 24, 2013 at 7:32 PM #

I am even not a fan of PB but these cookies look to hard to resist even,….Pure deliciousness!

• January 24, 2013 at 11:30 PM #

Thank you Sophie! You can try sun butter! Another reader I believe made them with that! :)

20. January 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM #

YUM, Brandi! Impressive and so easy and … peanut butter! Truly one of life’s heavenly and healthy pleasures. Thanks so much for sharing! =)

I'd love your feedback!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 268 other followers